Using Zoom securely and minimizing data
Zoom has a wide range of functions. Many functions are not constantly needed and can be dispensed with or switched off in various scenarios. Here you will find various tips for data-saving use and recommended settings:
- a practical guide to increase security and privacy at Zoom, David Nield provides in "How to Keep Your Zoom Chats Private and Secure".
- Hide background in video (hardware dependent)
- Camera positioning and coverage area: always pay attention to how your camera is positioned and what can be seen and recognized (photos on the wall, documents on the table, etc.)
- Always turn off your microphone and camera when you don't need them
- Recommendations for securing virtual classrooms: https://blog.zoom.us/wordpress/2020/03/27/best-practices-for-securing-your-virtual-classroom/
Further comprehensive recommendations and information on data security and handling Zoom can also be found on the following pages:
Zoom Market Place and Apps for Zoom
Zoom offers a Market Place, in which additional Apps or PlugIns are offered. Many of these are integrated into existing programs as plug-ins on your computer, for example, and can endanger system security.
Since there is neither a data protection law nor a check of the accessibility and licensing law, installation applications can generally not be released.